The Second-Hand Uniform Shop is operated on a voluntary basis by members of the Friends of St Patrick’s College. All time and effort are volunteered by parents and caregivers. Your direct contact for the shop is Stephanie Coulman (Email FOSPC2018@gmail.com or phone 021 629 081).
We provide good, clean second-hand college uniforms for sale. Money raised through the sale of second-hand uniforms is donated back to St Patrick’s College by the Friends of St Patrick’s College, which provides:
• several annual student scholarships,
• an annual monetary gift to the college to purchase items to benefit the college students,
• support and hospitality at college functions, and
• uniforms for families in need.
The Second Hand Uniform Shop is located on the first floor of the Chanel block in Room 171 (just along from the library and opposite the Director of Sport's office). Access to the first floor of the Chanel block is via the ground floor doors at the southern end of the wet-weather area under the Chanel block (there is usually a temporary sign outside the ground floor doors).
Second hand uniform shop extra opening times
We look forward to seeing you back in the uniform shop and also receiving your donations! Before we get back to business as usual we will take some extra precautions in the uniform shop. Weekend openings will be 9am-12pm by appointment to FOSPC2018@gmail.com. Email with your preferred time and we will do our best to accommodate. You can also text 021 629081 on the morning to check availability.
While we are at Alert Level 2 the following conditions will apply:
• Maintain a list of names and times of people visiting the shop
• hand sanitiser on the way in and the way out
• weekend openings by appointment only
• limit customers in the shop to the student and one parent. Siblings and family members are welcome to wait in the corridor.
• 1-2 students at a time during lunchtime openings.
We are pleased to offer the following opening dates and times:
• Saturday 23 May 9am-12pm - by appointment please email FOSPC2018@gmail.com
• Monday 25 May - 1.30–2.30pm
• Saturday 6 June 9am-12pm - by appointment
• Monday 8 June - 1.30–2.30pm as per original schedule (see below).
Further dates will be advised when we have more clarity around COVID-19 Alert levels. Thank you for your support.
Regular Shop Hours for 2020
• Monday 8 June: 1.30–2.30pm
• Sunday 5 July: 10.00am–12.00pmn (Term 2 School holidays)
• Monday 3 August: 1.30–2.30pm
• Monday 7 Sept: 1.30–2.30pm
• Saturday 26 Sept: 10.00am–12.00pm (Term 3 school holidays)
• Monday 12 Oct: 1.30–2.30pm
• Monday 2 Nov: 1.30–2.30pm
• Monday 7 Dec: 1.30–2.30pm
• Saturday 12 Dec: 10.00am– 12.00pm
Any other opening dates will appear in the FOSPC monthly newsletter, Facebook page and SPC website.
Second-hand prices are only a guideline and may vary due to the item’s condition.
New items are not available for sale at the second-hand uniform shop. Here’s a link to the NZ Uniforms St Patrick’s College webpage (as at 01/11/18).
Payments can be made using CASH or EFTPOS.
Sorry, but we CANNOT process CREDIT CARDS.
All good, clean, resalable items are always welcome! There are two options for second-hand items:
Option 1: Donate all items with all profits going to the Friends of St Patrick’s College to offer services to the College.
Option 2: Sell your BLAZERS and JACKETS to the Friends of St Patrick’s College.
If going with option 2, you will need to complete a separate Second-Hand Uniform Purchase Agreement Form for each blazer/jacket being offered for purchase. Use the highlighted link to get a form or you can get one from the College Receptionist.
Only blazers and jackets in very good condition will be considered for purchase. Blazers need to be dry-cleaned.
If the Second-Hand Uniform Shop already has ample stock, we may decide not to purchase an item. The Friends of St Patrick’s College will pay $110 for a blazer and $50 for a jacket that it purchases.
Payment will be made by direct credit to your nominated bank account. Items can be handed into the College Office or directly to the Second-Hand Uniform Shop on one of the opening days. If an item is not purchased by the Friends of St Patrick’s College, you will be advised by email and the item will be returned to the School Office for collection. Any item not collected within a month of email advice being provided may be discarded. We welcome the donation of all college items of clothing however we will only consider purchasing blazers or jackets, and as of 1 November 2018 are no longer offering commission on any items.
On behalf of the Friends of St Patrick’s College, THANK YOU for supporting our service and your College.
Second Hand Uniform Shop Co-ordinator