The College recently underwent a review from the Education Review Office. Rector Neal Swindells provides a summary of some of the key points of the report:
- Our school vision matches our Catholic Special Character
- Our Special Character is visible
- Most students gain NCEA Level One, Level Two and Level Three and the majority gain U.E.
- Nearly all students gain NCEA Level Two before they leave school
- Our NCEA results are consistently above national averages and above average for Decile 8 boys’ schools
- Our retention rates – students who stay for 5 years is high
- There are positive and respectful relationships between students and teachers
- There is good engagement in the classrooms
- There is increasing use of student voice
- There are strong partnerships with Pasifika parents and strengthening relationships with Maori whanau
- We are working together with families to make a difference
- There is a commitment to improvement
- Our curriculum has been developed to provide better pathways for student needs.
ERO identified two key areas for us to work on:
- Continue to develop our Curriculum to ensure it is localised and relevant to our students.
- Ensure that our evaluation of data of programmes that we offer goes deeper to more clearly identify factors that will ensure constant improvement.
This is a very positive review and an independent affirmation of the great work of our Board and staff.
You can view the full report here.