The Board of Trustees have advised that there will be no increases in Donations for 2022.
St Patrick’s College offers our students a range of opportunities and activities each year that are not funded by Government grants. Some of these relate directly to our special Catholic character and others are around enhancing the development of our students as individuals both academically and socially.
In order to provide these ongoing opportunities, the College requests some financial support from all our parents.
Set out below are the compulsory fees and voluntary donations that St Patrick’s College, Wellington relies upon to ensure that we continue to offer the quality of education and breadth of services and opportunities to our students.
Attendance Dues: $1,092.00 per student
As a State Integrated College, Attendance Dues are compulsory. Attendance Dues are not paid to the College but rather, payment is made directly to the Archdiocese of Wellington.
Activity and Resources Donation: $400 per student or $500 per family
This donation is used by the College for resources not funded by the Crown.
- Additional resources in all teaching subjects.
- Additional resources for sports including paying for our Director of Sport.
- Cultural experiences for our students.
- Managing and upgrading our IT network.
- Data projectors, computers, speakers and security cameras.
- Music, physical education and outdoor education equipment.
- Classroom and other furniture.
Special Character and Stakeholder Donation: $500 per family.
This donation is collected on behalf of, and is on forwarded to, the various related organisations below who all assist the College in so many ways.
Board of Proprietors (representing the Society of Mary) - $270.
This donation assists the owners of the College property with the following costs:
Property (seismic strengthening works past and future) and Special Character (College Priest, Chaplaincy Assistant, Ministry Team and Chapel costs).
Retreats - $50.
There is a spiritual retreat organised for each year level. The donation contributes to the costs of transport, event hire and guest speakers.
National Network of Marist Schools Levy - $20.
This organisation provides professional development opportunities for staff and a range of programmes for students.
The St Patrick’s College Foundation - $110.
The SPC Foundation supports a range of extra opportunities that we provide including additional staff, professional development, sporting and cultural activities. The Foundation is also focused on securing the long term future of the College.
The SPC Old Boys Association - $30.
This donation ensures each student becomes a life member of SPCOBA when he graduates from the College.
The SPC Parents’ Association - $20.
This donation is a contribution to our Parents Association to assist with their fund raising and community activities such as the Big Boys Breakfast and Art Exhibition.
Other Fees and Donations:
These will vary for every student:
- Student ID card - $10.
- Sports Registration fees vary from $40 to $130 depending upon the sport. Summer and Winter sport options are offered.
- Optional workbooks and software licenses for some subjects, ie. science
- Some subjects such as Art, Technology and Outdoor Education may ask for a course materials donation to help cover the costs associated with that particular subject. There may also be a take - home materials component of the course which can be requested.
- Music Tuition - $200 donation for a full year’s tuition. Instrument hire may also be charged.
- Optional annual College Year Book: “The Patrician” - $30.
We recommend that families pay $20 a week to the College to cover the costs of fees and donations, and $20 a week to the Archdiocese to cover the cost of Attendance Dues.