St Patrick’s College offers our students a range of opportunities and activities each year that are not funded by Government grants. Some of these relate directly to our special Catholic character and others are around enhancing the development of our students as individuals both academically and socially.
In order to provide these ongoing opportunities, the College requests some financial support from all our parents.
Set out below are the compulsory fees and voluntary donations that St Patrick’s College, Wellington relies upon to ensure that we continue to offer the quality of education and breadth of services and opportunities to our students.
Attendance Dues: $1600.00 per student (from 2024)
As a State Integrated College, Attendance Dues are compulsory. Attendance Dues are not paid to the College but rather, payment is made directly to the Archdiocese of Wellington. Please note that from 2023, the Society of Mary New Zealand have made the decision to exit both St Patrick’s College, Wellington and St Patrick’s College, Silverstream from the common fund.
The Attendance Dues levy you pay will go directly to St. Patrick’s College Board of Proprietors for the benefit of the College. Attendance Dues are used by the Proprietors to pay for property insurance premiums, maintain integrated property and to fund modernisation projects.
The annual cost per student is $1600.00 incl GST. A discount of 10% will be offered to the second (and further) son/s.
The bank account number for Attendance Dues is 06-0574-0245568-001.
Activity and Resources Donation: $450 per student or $550 per family.
This donation is used by the College for resources not funded by the Crown.
- Additional resources in all teaching subjects.
- Additional resources for sports including paying for our Director of Sport.
- Cultural experiences for our students.
- Managing and upgrading our IT network.
- Data projectors, computers, speakers and security cameras.
- Music, physical education and outdoor education equipment.
- Classroom and other furniture.
Special Character and Stakeholder Donation: $700 per family.
This donation is collected on behalf of, and is on forwarded to, the various related organisations below who all assist the College in so many ways.
- Board of Proprietors (representing the Society of Mary) - $520.00
This donation assists the owners of the College property with the following costs:
- Property (Seismic strengthening works past and future, and insurance premiums) and
- Special Character (College Priest, Chaplaincy Assistant, Ministry Team and Chapel costs).
- National Network of Marist Schools Levy - $20.00
This organisation provides professional development opportunities for staff and a range of programmes for students.
- The St Patrick’s College Foundation - $110.00
The SPC Foundation supports a range of extra opportunities that we provide including additional staff, professional development, sporting and cultural activities. The Foundation is also focused on securing the long term future of the College.
- The SPC Old Boys Association - $30.00
This donation ensures each student becomes a life member of SPCOBA when he graduates from the College.
- The SPC Parents and Friends’ Association - $20.00
This donation is a contribution to our Parents and Friends’ Association to assist with their fund raising and community activities such as the Big Boys Breakfast and Art Exhibition.
Other Fees and Donations:
These will vary for every student:
- Student ID card - $15.
- Sports Registration fees vary from $80 to $300 depending upon the sport. Summer and Winter sport options are offered.
- Camps - Y9 $150, Y10 $250. The donation is a contribution towards the cost of transport, supervision and camp activities.
- Optional workbooks and software licenses for some subjects ie. Science.
- Some subjects such as Art, Technology and Outdoor Education may ask for a course materials donation to help cover the costs associated with that particular subject. There may also be a take - home materials component of the course which can be requested.
- Retreats - $50 to $75. There is a spiritual retreat organised for each year level. The donation contributes to the costs of transport, event hire and guest speakers.
- Education Perfect - $56. Online curriculum resource across multiple subjects.
- Music Tuition - $350 donation for a full year’s tuition for students studying music as a core subject or a $350 chargeable fee for students who take music tuition as an extracurricular activity. Instrument hire may also be charged.
- Optional annual College Year Book: “The Patrician” - $35.
The Bank Account number for Fees and Donations is 06-0513-0193557-00.
St Patrick’s College Board of Proprietors has funding available to assist families who need support to pay their school attendance dues. If you would like to learn more, please contact Matt Buck on [email protected], our Business Manager, in confidence.
Follow this link for a copy of the financial assistance application form.